Ask yourself; does your brand tell a story?
As a business owner, it can be very difficult to take a step back and review whether or not your brand does what it’s supposed to, so we’re going to give you a helping hand. Challenge yourself with the questions below and if you don’t like the answers, it might be time for a re-rebrand or even just a fresh approach.
What’s the first thing you notice when you click on your website?
It’s back to those first impressions again, they say a lot!
- If a potential customer clicks on your website, they need to understand your message straight away.
- If they’re confused about what you do, it only takes a split second for them to click away from your website and continue their search elsewhere.
- The same thing can be said for packaging. Bland and boring packaging will give the audience the impression you don’t care about your brand image.
Does your website meet the latest demands in technology?
- For many, a re-brand may be required to keep up with an ever-changing market. Did you know that browsing on a smartphone has now overtaken desktop browsing?
- Many users now browse while at home, having a coffee, in a cafe or on the move. As users, we’re no longer tied to a desk.
- Does your website work as well on a mobile device as it does on a laptop or desktop PC?
Does your brand represent your current audience?
As your brand grows, your audience will shift and change with it. Re-branding offers an opportunity to reconnect with your existing audience but to also target a new demographic. As times change, your brand either has to change with it or it needs to appeal to a new generation of users.
Does your brand tell your story?
Creating a brand is all about telling a story and using that to connect with your audience. If your branding doesn’t give anything away about the story behind the business, then you’re missing a trick.
Do you offer the same services as you used to?
Take a minute and think about day one. How much has the business changed since that very first day in business? We would imagine that the answer is quite a lot and there is a high chance that the services you offer have changed too.
Does your website tell people that?
So, how did you do? Whether you need a full re-brand or just a fresh approach, get in touch and we can go from there… a full rebrand isn’t as daunting as you might think.